Cosmetics and household chemicals testing laboratory – SPF testing, SPF test for cosmetic products in vivo and in vitro, UVA in vivo test. Water resistance test, sandproof for SPF, anti-sand test, photoallergy test, phototoxicity test, UVA testing
Cosmetics and household chemicals testing laboratory
We offer test:
- ANTI-SAND test, SANDPROOF for SPF
- SPF in vitro
- SPF in vivo (SPF 6, SPF 10, SPF 15, SPF 20, SPF 25, SPF 30, SPF 50, SPF 50+)
- UVA in vivo
- UVA in vitro, critical wavelength, UVA:UVB ratio
- WR – Water Resistance
- VWR – Very Water Resistance
- photoallergy test
- phototoxicity test
DEADLINE FOR SPF TEST:
- SPF in vitro- results in 5 days
- SPF in vivo- results up to 5 days
SPF test for cosmetic products, SPF in vivo, SPF in vitro, UVA test.
We distinguish the following parameters of the effectiveness of UV sun protection cosmetics: SPF, UVAPF, critical wavelength, UVA:UVB ratio, Water Resistance and Very Water Resistance.
In order to declare that a cosmetic protects against UV radiation, two factors must be tested:
- SPF (Sun Protection Factor) – for UVB radiation
- UVAPF (UVA Protection Factor) – for UVA radiation
The SPF factor should be given as a numerical value and an effectiveness category:
- 6,10 – low (obtained value in the test = 6 – 14,9)
- 15,25 – mean (obtained value in the test = 15 – 29,9)
- 30,50 – high (obtained value in the test = 30 – 59,9)
- 50+ very high (obtained value in the test = 60 ≤ )
SPF testing, SPF test for cosmetic, SPF in vivo test, SPF in vitro test, UVA testing, UVA in vitro test, critical wavelength, UVA:UVB ratio, anti-sand test, sandproof for SPF, water resistance test, photoallergy test, phototoxicity test
Sunscreen is more valuable when it is waterproof.
The method for determining the water resistance of a sunscreen cosmetic – Water Resistance (WR) – is based on comparing the sun protection factor of the product after two 20-minute water baths at 29 ± 2°C to the sun protection factor obtained before immersion in water.
For cosmetics intended for children, we use a method to determine the high water resistance of the cosmetic – Very Water Resistance (VWR). It differs in that the high water resistance test uses not 2 but 4 baths.
The study must meet appropriate statistical criteria. The SPF value after bathing cannot be less than a specified percentage of the average SPF value before exposure.
In order to ensure reliable test results, we always use reference material (reference product) in the above methods.